Monday, April 22, 2013

Baseball Stadiums: 2013 Early Recap

After my recent trip to California I can add 3 new stadiums (LoanMart Field in Rancho Cucamonga, Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, and Lake Elsinore Diamond in Lake Elsinore) to my list, and one state.

I do not have any summer road trips planned yet, but am hoping to visit at least four stadiums.  I will be completing my PhD at Oklahoma State University this summer, and want to visit Arvest Ballpark in Springdale, Ark., and Hammons Field in Springfield, Mo., before moving out of this region.  Closer to home, that being the Atlanta area, I want to visit the newly opened Regions Field in Birmingham and the soon-to-close Knights Stadium in Fort Mill, S.C.

Here is an update of my tally:
  • MLB = 20 (13 active)
  • AAA = 9 (8 active)
  • AA = 15 (11 active)
  • High A = 2
  • Low A = 3 (1 active)
  • Short-Season A = 6 (5 active)
  • Independent = 5 (4 active)
  • College = 15 (14 active)
  • Spring Training = 10 (9 active)
My updated stadium map can be found here.  I don't have write-ups for each stadium I have visited, but am doing my best to write about each visit moving forward.

I have now watched baseball games in 30 states, the District of Columbia, and one province.

No comments: