Thursday, May 24, 2012

Good Eats in Shiloh, Tenn.

Last week, I visited Shiloh National Military Park on my way from Oklahoma to Georgia. I had been told about Hagy's Catfish Hotel a few days prior, and made it my lunch stop after the ranger at Shiloh said, "It is awesome!"

I didn't get to eat lunch until after 1, but had a delicious catfish sandwich and honestly the best hush puppies I've ever eaten. I'm not particularly a fan of hush puppies, so I wasn't thrilled when I was told they come with every item on the menu.  I expected to eat one or two, and leave the rest because I didn't expect to enjoy them.  Well, hush my mouth these are awesome!  They were soft and flavorful, and weren't dry.

To top off my meal, I had a piece of caramel pie.  Homemade caramel pie is a favorite of mine, and this hit the spot.  It had tons of whipped cream on top, but it wasn't overdone.  I don't expect to travel through that part of Tennessee anytime soon, but if I'm in the area I will definitely be stopping at Hagy's Catfish Hotel, and you should, too!

No comments: